Re COVID-19 Restrictions and Procedures
Firstly, I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and that you have been managing to cope with the various stresses and strains of lockdown as well as possible.
The purpose of this page is to let you know what I am doing in order to start seeing people again as ‘lockdown’ begins to ease, whilst maintaining a safe environment for all.
In line with the Government’s approach to reducing the restrictions of lockdown, from Tuesday 26th May I will be implementing a phased re-opening of healthy for life. Initially there will be a number of restrictions in place that are in harmony with guidance from Public Health England, The General Chiropractic Council and my professional association. I’ll set out those restrictions below as well as all the steps I am taking to ensure that the environment here is safe for all. Before doing that, though, I want to say that even if the restrictions mean that you are not able to book an appointment for the moment, or if you don’t feel comfortable coming to the practice right now, I am still here for you. I am very happy to be available over the phone or via video call to offer advice on things you might be able to do at home to help yourself. So, if you would like to, please do get in touch.
Very best wishes,
My aims in following the restrictions and procedures set out below are to provide an environment that minimises the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus and one in which those who can come into the practice feel safe and can relax and get the most from our time together.
In terms of risk of developing severe COVID-19, there are three groups (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/ )
- people at high risk aka the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ or ‘shielded’ group. These people will have received a letter from the government about shielding
- people at moderate risk aka the ‘clinically vulnerable group’. These are people over the age of 70 or who have certain underlying medical conditions
- and everyone else, who are at low risk of severe complications.
At this time, I will only be able to see people who fulfil the following criteria:
- Are in the low risk group
- With respect to COVID-19 are;
- Asymptomatic (not currently experiencing any of the known symptoms of fever, cough, fatigue, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell)
- Not self-isolating due to living with someone who is symptomatic or self-isolating
- Nor have had contact with someone who currently has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Have a ‘medical need’ for chiropractic care i.e. people who are in pain.
If you are recovering from COVID-19 and have been self-isolating, please follow government guidance (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/what-to-do-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/staying-at-home-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/). As long as it is at least 7 days after the onset of your symptoms and your symptoms have gone, you are safe to attend the practice.
Other precautions I am taking
In addition to only seeing people in the low risk group, I am also doing the following to ensure a safe environment;
- Triage over the phone: I will speak to everyone wishing to make an appointment to ensure that they are not currently symptomatic or self-isolating due to COVID-19
- Offer self help advice over the phone or via video call for those who feel confident to self-manage at home
- Space all appointments so that there will be no overlap – the only person you will see on your visit here will be me (to help with this, please do not come into the building before your specified appointment time)
- We will maintain social distancing for as much of your visit as possible
- I will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with official guidance
- I will be maintaining a very strict cleaning protocol between every visit including washing my hands as well as cleaning the chiropractic table, my desk, the card machine and relevant door handles (this will include the outside front door handle, so you can touch this safely)
- Each person will be invited to wash or sanitise their hands on arrival (a fresh hand-towel will be available for each person).
Even with all these measures in place, there is still some risk of exposure to the coronavirus when coming into the practice. As such I will be asking you to Sign an informed consent form (I will sanitise the pen between each appointment but please feel free to bring your own, if you prefer).
This situation is sure to be very changeable over the coming weeks so I will update this information as necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these measures, please do feel free to call me on 01202 533955.